Cataraqui Woods Elementary School Council Meeting
Monday, May 2, 2016
Conference Room 6:30 p.m.
- Welcome and Introductions – Amy Gibson welcomed Sahiza Hossenbaccus to the council and expressed our thanks for her interest at this time in the year.
- Business arising from Minutes April 4, 2016
- School Clothing - $1368.00 in sales. Amy will pick up and Michelle will distribute to the classrooms during the school day in time for the May 19, 2016 school color day.
- Sports Team Jersey’s: Given the time of year it might be best to hold this over until September. Amy will speak to George about getting a quote when she picks up the school clothing order. Soccer and Cross Country both happen early in September. Is anyone interested in taking on this task at this time?
- Pro Grant – Amy will finalize funds from 2015 before June 30, 2016. Dr. Sian Phillips was a fantastic presentation on April 19, 2016. The applications for 2016/2017 are due May 29, 2016 so the funds are available for next year. Mr. Fielding has spoken to the Principals of the Bayridge family of schools. Sharing the funds/events between the schools will allow for a wider variety of events with less work for each school. Amy and Michelle will continue to work on this. A new volunteer will be appreciated to take this on.
- New Business - None
- Correspondence Sent and Received - None
- Treasurer’s Report – Colleen Rose/Sahiza Hossenbaccus.
- Summary $20,782.00. Reconciliation is almost complete to have the Pro Grant account at zero and our regular account carrying an accurate balance. Amy and Colleen are working through the new reconciliation form at this time as well. Sahiza is working full time and is Treasurer of a Not For Profit, so time commitment may be a concern for the remainder of this year. Next council year Sahiza may be available to us.
- Year Book: no changes since last meeting, other than Mr. Fielding has access now. Order forms are here, and will go out tomorrow. Parents have two choices to order – online and send a cheque.
- Playground: Until grading happens this committee is in a holding pattern. Mr. Fielding suggested this would be a good time to send a letter to Dave Fowler to remind him that our school is still in need of service.
Party in the Park: This is our last council meeting before PITP so an update is warranted. We will need many more volunteers. Next meeting is May 10, 2016 at 630pm and every Tuesday thereafter.
Amy has created lists that outline the needs for each event and will send the electronic versions asap. Marsha has a separate list for the basket auction.
Person of Contact for Food and Beverage: Amy Gibson
Person of Contact for Entertainment: Jeff Pearce
Person of Contact for Activities: Michelle Brownell/Mark Ewing
Person of Contact for Logistics: Tracy
Rain Date Plan being discussed ASAP
Person of Contact for Volunteers: Michelle
Parent Notice will go out within the next 7 days and the teacher one will be posted ASAP.
Person of Contact for Silent Auction: Marsha
Note to silent auction: We need follow up ASAP for any donation letters that were dropped off. All donations should be in no later than May long weekend.
- Bike Rack coming from another school at no cost to council.
- Kindergarten Registrations are low at this time but if anyone hasn’t registered yet, PLEASE have them register ASAP. Kindergarten information night 4pm-5pm May 25, 2016
- EQAO – May 25 – June 2 – Primary writing
- Mr. Fielding has asked to have our computer lab converted to a classroom and the resource centre adjusted to bring everyone back into the school building.
- Mr. Fielding should know the name of his replacement in the next few week
- Tracey Mallioux mentioned an app they are using called “Remind” that allows teachers/admin to communicate without divulging cell phone numbers. Council could even take a section of this app. Perhaps something that our new principal would want to implement.
- Confirm date of and Set Agenda Items for next Meeting
Next Meeting: Monday, June 6, 2016 @ 6:30pm