Cataraqui Woods Elementary School Council Election Meeting
Monday, March 7, 2016
LBSB Board Office 5:30p.m.
- Welcome and Introductions – Amy Welcomed all to this location for this meeting. Regrets from Laura, Debbie
- Business arising from minutes of Feb 1, 2016
- School Clothing – Please note this is NOT a fundraiser. We are selling these items at cost. Amy brought clothing samples. All clothing is Screen Printed – NOT embroidered. – names can be added for $5.95. suggested that we do up an order form similar to pink shirt day and offer at least two days for parents to come and verify sizing. Order should include a disclaimer that there are no refunds if sizing not confirmed. Only one color – Cataraqui Woods Blue.
Amy will create order form and Michelle will print/distribute the order forms. Forms out Monday, March 21, 2016, due back April 1, 2016. Delivery is in 3-4 weeks and will be sent home with students. Samples will be available: Marsha and another parent volunteer will be at the school March 23, 2016 both before and after school (8.30-915 and 315-4) Michelle will do March 30, 2016 (8.30-915 and 315-4)
Prices are as follows:
- $10 t-shirt
- Long Sleeve $15
- Hoodie $25
- Pants $20
- Name at $7.00 – all caps and across the shoulders (lower for hoodie)
- Basket Auction – Raised $1,500.00. It was a big success. We ordered the right amounts of food and the baskets were incredible. Going forward – Streamline food/tickets. No Money should come in at the food table. We need to purchase new tickets for party in the park. Thanks to Mark Ewing for cleaning the popcorn machine!
- Mary Lambert- CD sales – We had one order so we were able to raise $5.00.
- Correspondence-sent & received
- Principal’s Profile- Due April 8th - last year we made no changes. Deferred to next meeting.
- 2016-2017 Pro Grant- Due May 29 – Defer to next meeting.
- George Couros-Board Office March 7th – 7pm start.
- Dr. Sian Phillips- Parent Engagement Part 2 April 19th 6pm – Planned at next meeting
- Treasurers Report-Colleen Rose – Sat with Joan approx. a month ago. We have four different accounts that have balances:
- Pro Grant $1500.00
- SAC Fundraiser 1
- SAC Fundraiser 2
- LDSB SAC – Board Gives $500.00 for events to attract parents
- Playground SAC – was being held separate when council was saving for playground equipment.
These accounts will be combined, with the exception of the pro grant for ease of accounting.
Going forward if we did a summary sheet, for each event, that showed all expenses and revenue for tracking of funds in and out. Colleen will create this document for council to use going forward.
- Committee Updates – Deferred to next meeting.
- Party in the Park – Meeting Tuesday, March 29, 6pm
- Principals Report –
- a quote has been received to match (top up) existing uniforms and will be reviewed at a later time.
- Land O Lakes Petting Farm has contacted us re a fundraiser.
- Food Sharing Project request for donation received. –tabled until next meeting.
- Lost and Found is overflowing.
- Sibling photo day in April 14th.
- 2016/17 agendas have been ordered.
- Spoke to Dave Fowler re playground leveling, we are not on schedule for this year. Potential exists for next year. Playground committee has been encouraged to put detailed package together stressing the need for leveling.
- Time Capsule discussion continued – recommended not be opened early as of the potential exists for negative publicity.
- Topics for Discussion - Free workshop for parents of grade 7/8 students being offered by Lynn Sadlowski – Will be discussed at next meeting.
- Set Agenda Items for Next Meeting
- Principal’s Profile- Due April 8, 2016. Suggested at March 7, 2016 meeting by Casey that we include a component stating that our school requires a Principal with a Strong Special Education Background.
- 2016-2017 Pro Grant- Due May 29
- Dr. Sian Phillips- Parent Engagement Part 2 April 19th 6pm
Next Meeting: Monday April 4, 2016 @ 6:30pm in the Boardroom at Cataraqui Woods ES.