Cataraqui Woods Elementary School Council Meeting
Monday, February 1, 2016
Conference Room 6:30 p.m.
- Welcome and Introductions – Amy Gibson is away – Meeting to be chaired by Michelle Brownell. Regrets from Mark Ewing and Colleen Rose.
- Business arising from Minutes of January 11, 2016
- Hot Lunch Program Update – Shawna Peart.
- Order has gone out. Thanks Marsha and Jennifer for your help.
- The question has been asked – do we need all the choices from Boston Pizza. Volunteers are needed to help with hot lunch distribution/troubleshooting. One EA and Two parents are not enough manpower.
- School Clothing – update by Tracy as Amy is Away.
- sweatpants.~ Prices as follows.~ Price includes a two colour imprint. Prices do not include tax~
- Youth(small to x-large):~ 17.49
- Adult (small to x-large):~ 18.49
- T-shirts $ 8-$11 + tax size is the variable
- Long sleeve t-shirts $12-$14. + tax size is the variable
- Hoodies $21 - $24 + tax size is the variable
- Zip hoodies $26-$29 + tax size is the variable
- 4.50 for addition of name.
- Water Bottle Filling Station – Mr. Fielding – Installed and Working! Thank you Mr. Fielding for delivering our letter.
- Time Capsule – could we consider having it opened? - No progress as of tonight.
- Laura Rattan – Purchased a hot chocolate maker to be used as a butter dispenser with the popcorn machine. Cost was $50 – Council voted – approved for purchased. Laura will provide receipt for reimbursement
- Correspondence Sent and Received.- none
- Treasurer’s Report – Given by Michelle Brownell in Colleen’s absence. Balance $19,16.08
- Committee Updates:
- Year Book – update with Lifetouch – Tracy. Cover has been selected.
- Playground – No new information – Proposals from last year are still in a holding pattern pending grading of the back field. Mr. Fielding advised that the committee should follow up with Dave Fowler at the board office to find out where we are in the leveling process. Bike rack is on hold pending bench installation as cost remains prohibitive.
- Party in the park – Michelle – Tracy has set up the google spreadsheet for use in tracking our donations. First planning meeting with take place at a date TBA in March.
- Basket Auction – Meeting to wrap baskets on Monday February 8, 2016 beginning at 6pm. Pizza and childcare will be provided. Marsha, Jennifer and Michelle will gather the baskets Monday morning at 9am. Jennifer is bringing wrapping paper to cover the basket.
- Principals Report – Mr. Fielding reviewed important dates from the newsletter. He also advised the water bottle filling station had been installed. A Safe Schools meeting scheduled for February 8 at the school. Mr. Fielding also showed us a presentation entitled, Enhancing Special Education Services in the Limestone DSB" and collecting thoughts from parents. ~~
- Confirm date of and Set Agenda Items for next Meeting
Next Meeting: Monday, March 7, 2016 @ 6:30pm